Miles Luca was born at 7:59am Friday June 11th, 2010 at Scripps Memorial La Jolla, same hospital that I was born at. He weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He came out wailing and had a full head of dark hair. His feet and hands are definitely Todd's along with his sweet nose. He is magnificent!
I was supposed to be induced on Friday morning at 7am. Miles being the little gentleman that he is decided to arrive on his own time and contractions started at about 6pm on Thursday night. After about 4 hours of contractions per Todd's advise I decided to take a shower. My water broke conveniently in the shower and after that things really escalated. Contractions went to 5 minutes and once we were in the car and driving to the hospital they were 3 minutes apart. When we arrived I was dilated to a 4 and was able to get an epidural.
Labor was quiet and overall very pleasant thanks to that epidural. My mom arrived at the hospital at about midnight and we all tried to rest until it was time to get things going. By about 6:45 I was fully dilated and my ob came on at 7 for her shift. She told me she thought I could have this baby in an hour. Miles was born 59 minutes later.
He is absolutely breathtaking and perfect. We are over the moon that he has arrived and is healthy and happy. We are now a family of 3 and life is pretty sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment